[permaculture] diploma in permaculture design

Pacific Edge Permaculture + Media pacedge at magna.com.au
Sat Jul 27 00:42:49 EDT 2002

On Saturday, July 27, 2002, at 09:04  AM, Loren Davidson wrote:

> At 03:35 PM 7/26/02 -0500, Mark wrote:
>>
>> I expected there would be some snotty reply, nice to not be
>> disappointed.
>
> When you enter a discussion using highly-charged, judgemental words
> like "absurd" and "snotty," what else *can* you expect?  I believe that
> guides on Netiquette would term this behavior either "trolling" or
> "flamebaiting."  Generally, it doesn't fall under the definition of
> "playing nice."
>
> I fail to see how deliberately insulting people results in "care for
> the earth; care for each other."
>
> Just my uninformed $0.02,
>
> Loren
>
> Loren Davidson        Earth steward, healer, singer/songwriter

Humble suggestion: We are all colleagues, not protagonists. We can thus
disagree and argue our cases without slighting each other or resorting
to unnecessarily emotive language.

Adversarialism is common in Western discourse, especially in north
America, I see, but also, possibly to a lesser extent, in Australia. It
is not a useful basis for exploring issues and ideas as it allows no
grey areas, only 'right' and 'wrong'. Thus it belongs in courtrooms,
notoriously unproductive time wasting places, and not in the discourse
of productive ideas people.

...Russ Grayson