[permaculture] diploma in permaculture design

Scott Pittman pci at permaculture-inst.org
Fri Jul 26 15:03:02 EDT 2002

At 07:45 AM 7/26/02 -0500, you wrote:
>My advise is to ignore the absurd obsession people have with getting their
>shiny PC certificate.  I have yet to take any PC design course.  I have
>enough knowledge gained from organic farming, grazing, landscaping,
>ecological restoration and a quick trip through the design manual that it
>would be a waste of my time to take such a course.   IF you can read the
>books, get out and look at some sites, network with others and fill in any
>gaps in your education on how to patch the world up a PC course is not
>necessary.  It is only really valuable if you are a relative
>neophyte.  This view is mine alone, I'm sure others will suggest you take
>a course, and if you have the time and money it sounds like fun.  If not
>just go for it and don't worry about the folks that think PC is a trade
>marked club for those who went to school.
>

>Mark P. Ludwig
>Poultry Research Lab
>University of Wisconsin -Madison
>608-262-1730 WK
>608-846-7125 HM

For those of us who were not born all seeing and knowing a permaculture
course is a great way to go and there are some great teachers out there
giving good courses, none of them could benefit Mr. Ludwig, I'm sure, but
perhaps others might have a slight gap in their knowledge.  How would one
know if a course was a waste of time if one hasn't taken the time to check
it out?

Scott
Director
PC Institute