[permaculture] diploma in permaculture design

Mark mpludwig at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 26 08:45:28 EDT 2002

At 08:45 PM 7/25/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi everybody-
>
>I am looking for a home course that would allow me to receive a diploma or
>certificate (In a couple of months) in permaculture or sustainable
>agriculture design.
>
>Any ideas or information would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Jeremy Dervaes
>jeremyd08 at hotmail.com

My advise is to ignore the absurd obsession people have with getting their
shiny PC certificate.  I have yet to take any PC design course.  I have
enough knowledge gained from organic farming, grazing, landscaping,
ecological restoration and a quick trip through the design manual that it
would be a waste of my time to take such a course.   IF you can read the
books, get out and look at some sites, network with others and fill in any
gaps in your education on how to patch the world up a PC course is not
necessary.  It is only really valuable if you are a relative
neophyte.  This view is mine alone, I'm sure others will suggest you take a
course, and if you have the time and money it sounds like fun.  If not just
go for it and don't worry about the folks that think PC is a trade marked
club for those who went to school.

Mark P. Ludwig
Poultry Research Lab
University of Wisconsin -Madison