[permaculture] Permaculture Garden Installation

Loren Davidson loren at farwalker.com
Wed Jul 24 12:54:22 EDT 2002

At 09:06 AM 7/24/02 -0500, Kirby Fry wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>Cross Timbers Permaculture Guild had the good fortune last February to
>install extensive Pc gardens on its demonstration site near Elgin, Texas.
>
>As one enters the 32 acre property the gardens are on either side of the
>road and around key central buildings.  There are approximately 60,000
>square feet of raised garden beds which were amended, tilled and put under
>irrigation. (...)

This sounds extremely impressive!  I have two general questions, for when
you have time to respond:

1) How was this financed/funded?  What "invisible structures" facilitated
your original installation and now the ongoing maintenance?

2) How are you planning to use the outputs, particularly of about 1.5 acres
of garden beds?

Thanks in advance,

Loren

Loren Davidson        Earth steward, healer, singer/songwriter
loren at farwalker.com   http://www.earthspring.org/loren/
AIM: loren334     ICQ: 65291610
Music: http://www.earthspring.org/lorendavidson/
***Ask me about Sunset Celebrations in Berkeley - next one 7/24***
"Life goes on." - Sun Bear