[permaculture] Russian Knapweed

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 3 12:32:48 EDT 2002

Frederica,
Russian Knapweed is epidemic in much of the country, particularly in Mich where my
cousin, who works for the Dep of Nat Resources, reports that not only have they NOT
found a control for it (aside from reforestation) they have found that it is a contact
carcinogen and repeated unprotected handling can have dire consequences.

If you learn anything more, please contact me.
Thanks,
Keith
PS I haven't yet viewed Jerome Osentowsky's video on Natural Controls for Noxious
Weeds though I am now inspired to do so, ASAP.
FYI
Jerome Osentowski, Director
Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute
PO Box 631, Basalt, CO 81621   U.S.A.
Tel/fax (970) 927-4158    E mail: jerome at crmpi.org
For more information, please visit his web site at <<www.crmpi.org>>