[permaculture] Neem/Tea tree

Jerome Osentowski jerome at crmpi.org
Wed Feb 27 12:33:43 EST 2002

Coin,  Neem has been used Medicine for quite some time.  Small sticks are
used to clean gums and for tooth problems.  I have been using Ayurvedic
formaula toothpast  for 15 years, and have made tintures from neem leaf and
used it for a number of things.  A German study showed it effect for the
treatement  of herpes.  The tooth past clears up all your gum problems .
The seed are only viable for a few weeks.   It can be grown from cuttings,
and  You can graft wood from one tree onto another to help with cross
polenation.  If you can not use neem, I suggest you try Spilanthes
asterpaceae,  I grow it here in my greenhouse  as an annual,  the plant is
anti viral, bacterial, fungal, microbial used as a prophyactic against
malaria, It makes a stimulating  and decay-fighting mouthwash, fights herpes
sores an tonifies the gums.  It is also a topical pain killer.  great for
cuts
 in your mouth or anythere elese.  great for insect bites, because it takes
away the sting, and kills any viral transfered by the insect.  I have over
three gal. of the suff tintured for sale this spring.  The plant is very
easy to grow and can be eaten fresh , leave in salads or the bud if you want
your whole mouth to go num.   for seed and more info write: Horizon Herbs
P.O. Box 69 Williams, Or  97544-0069   541 846 6704  They have a great
cataloge for med. herbs.

One thing I got, out of all that talk  on lice, is that I will be sure to
add a tinture or oil to take of those  critters in our new traveling herb
kit we plan to put together and market in the spring.
jerome
-
Jerome Osentowski, Director
Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute
PO Box 631
Basalt, CO 81621   U.S.A.

Tel/fax (970) 927-4158    E mail: jerome at crmpi.org

For more information, please visit our web site at <<www.crmpi.org>>