[permaculture] Worms

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 22 14:11:28 EST 2002

Andreas, et al,
I looked up Vernonia in Cornucopia and found a listing for Vernonia
anthelmintica (anthelmintic herbs expel or destroy intestinal worms), AKA
Kinka-oil ironweed, from southern Asia, and its available from Ili Ili Farms, PO
Box 150, Kula, HI 96790, 1-800-535-6284
FYI amygdala translates as (from the Greek) an almond. Amygdaline is a glucoside
(C20H27NO11) present in bitter almonds.

Keith