[permaculture] Greetings

permed at nor.com.au permed at nor.com.au
Thu Feb 21 03:53:16 EST 2002

>I have one question which i'm hoping someone can answer...on our shared 5
>acre property lives a long time practioner of permaculture and
>homesteading (Peter Light).  he's been plucking away at it for over 20
>years now (he left 'civilization' in 68') and he's thrice been certified
>via the 72 hour PDC course.  How, does he go about getting the ability to
>give out the PDC now that everything seems a bit wobbly on the global
>scene (my interpretation anyhow)?

Bill Mollison in the past encouraged pc teachers to set up their own
institutes and print their own certificates - most longer term teachers
in Australia have been doing this for many years. You don't have to get
certificates from The Institute.
Last I heard was that The Permaculture Institute still states that a
PDC-certificate holder may teach a PDC.
Robyn