[permaculture] Worms eat my crap? & more

Bryan Innes & Joanna Pearsall permaculture at eartheal.org.nz
Tue Feb 19 19:10:22 EST 2002

One thing I wanted to point out - the composting process and the worm
> composting method are qualitatively different ways processing waste - that
> is, one relies on the activity of micro-organisms, while the other relies
on
> worms to eat the stuff and create worm droppings.

Actually they are not that different.
Compost works with micro-organisms. Worms do not eat anything other than
micro-organisms, and they help the development of them too (Remember-
Everything gardens!). It is still micro-organisms that are breaking down the
organic matter.