[permaculture] Worms eat my crap?

Rex Teague DibbleGardens at bigfoot.com
Mon Feb 18 15:17:41 EST 2002

On 18 Feb 02, permed at nor.com.au wrote:

> I think the composting toilet system you're refering to is the
> Dowmus - it can be either a wet (flushing) or dry composting loo
> and also takes greywater - the liquid drains out and leaves the
> solids to be dealt with by worms - don't have any web references
> sorry - It was a commercially available unit here in Australia -
> changed ownership, went broke and recently someone told me they'd
> started up again so I'm not really sure what their current status
> is. Robyn

My plan is to install such a system. Can you Robyn or maybe another
Australian list member put me in touch with any Dowmus
owners/users?

Are they being used in Tasmania? My reservation is our cooler New
Zealand - South Island temperate climate may slow the composting
process excessively and the liquid content will turn it anaerobic. 8-]

Cheerio... Rex