[permaculture] Permaculture Groups in Africa

bob jacobs soilfirst at tao.ca
Sat Feb 2 00:07:38 EST 2002

Ok, sorry this is late. It took me time to find some free time and get this
out.  I pruned thelist to groups really Permaculture focoused.  Hope it
helps people.

DEVELOPMENT GROUPS, SUSTAINABLE AG., PERMACULTURE GROUPS IN AFRICA

ETHIOPIA:
1. The Integrated Biofarm Enterprise: PO BOX 3839 ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA-
tikubet at yahoo.com
2. The BioGas Production team of the DED (German Development service)
19522 Addia Ababa, Ethiopia  gtz at telecom.net.et

MALAWI:
1. Lukwe Permaculture Educational Farm
PO BOX 20 Livingstonia
N. Malawi

2. The US Peace Corps Permaculture and Nutrition Team
3. The Paper Making Education Trust (by-hand recycling project) Suleman
House, 10 Chilembwe Rd.
PO Box 1015 Blantyre, Malawi

Tel/Fax: 265-623-895/950
Pamet at sdnp.org.mw

ZIMBABWE:
1. The Fambidzanai Permaculture Center
Dovedale Road, Stapleford  Mt. Hampten, Harare,  PO BOX cy301 Causeway
Zimbabwe.      263-4-726911  fambidzanai at mango.zw
2. The Natural Farming Network    nfnz at africaonline.co.zw
PO BOX a16140 Avondale  Harare, Zimbabwe    Phone# 023-403-256
3. The Zimbabwean Institute of Permaculture
Zip at mango.zw
4. The Permaculture in Schools Program
Mr Aleno Taranja-motsi
Mupumbu School
P. Bag 2003
Murombedzi
Zuimba
zimbabwe

SOUTH AFRICA:
1. Food and Trees for Africa
PO BOX 2035, Gallo Manor 2052  Johannasburg, South Africa
011-803-9749/50//12/3
trees at cis.co.za
www.trees.co.za
2. Rustler's Valley Permaculture Educational Center  PO BOX  672 Ficksburg
9730  Free State South Africa
Permacore po box 13024  Mowbray  7705  capetown South Africa
permacore at hotmail.com
3. Oudmouden Community Organic Farm (employs mentally handicapped
individuals)  Oude Molden Farm   Oude Molden Village  Alexander Road
Pinelands.  Capetown, South Africa

---------
-"I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to
the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of
peace and brotherhood can never become reality. I believe that
unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word."
~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.