water electic

PINC pinc at svn.net
Fri Mar 30 14:30:56 EST 2001

If you want to produce more power, I would suggest a larger than 1" pipe to
increase your volume.

Pelton wheels work on a ratio of pressure (head or elevation) and volume
(cubic feet per second or gallons per minute) The size of the pipe will also
limit that due to friction loss of the pipe so the larger the pipe the more
potential volume. Your volume is also obviously limited by the total volume
you have available at your source.

If you have more volume you can have less head  and vise versa.

A good resource for this are renewable energy catalogs, like Real Goods,
Jade Mountain, Alternative Energy Engineering. You make have a local company
that sells these products. They can help you size your system.

What you need to figure out is how much energy do you need at any one time.

Penny Livingston