home made fertilizer

igg igg at intrepid.net
Wed Mar 21 20:51:55 EST 2001

>   >Try "Hand's On Agronomy" by Neal Kinsey, the US "Albrecht" Agronomist
>
>Do you know of a ready source for this book? Is it one of the ACRES,
>USA publications?

It is an ACRES book. Contact info: www.acresusa.com -Allan

Which reminds me: I'm setting up new fields in the mid-Atlantic
regions. I've been reading Gary Zimmer's Biological Farm book and
getting pretty stoked on the whole "Albrecht" thing. Now experienced
local growers are telling me that 'Albrecht' works for mid-Western
soils, but just isn't 'magick' here on the East Coast. (On the most
simple level, this means that there's no reason to add lime beyond
balancing the pH.)

Anyone have any experience with this?