Water Ponding/Management

darren simo wannafarm at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 26 10:55:42 EST 2001

><<If water converges into a single gully, you could divert
>the water higher up.>> Yes...that is what I would like to do. But am not 
>where, or how to divert that water. Overflow pipe seems to be a good 
>to spill way.
>Getting to site to build a pond ay pose problems. I know I'd not feel
>comfortable on those slopes:)
><<Typically a key line is identified as
>the line where the land changes from convex to concave.
>It is here that water tends to collect, therefore can be
>diverted laterally by opening the soil with a key line plow
>or subsoiler.>> Yes, that is what I thought but John S.'s explanation left 
>puzzled. The drains do tend to snake across the slope of the hills as they
>are. So what do I need to do to exploit, capitalize on such?

      There is a web libary version of Yeomans, P.A. The Keyline Plan, on 
the soil and health libary
http://www.soilandhealth.org/01aglibrary/01principles.html. This explains 
the whole Keyline system and may make it easier for you to see how to go 
about solving your water problems.

MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 

More information about the permaculture mailing list