living machines

permed at nor.com.au permed at nor.com.au
Mon Dec 24 17:29:32 EST 2001

> Are you able
>to intercept or emilinate the grease before it reaches the
>septic system? This would be a much more palatable task
>and the grease could then be composted.
I have 2 separate systems for 2 separate buildings
The reed system for grey water ONLY has a grease trap & the grease does
get composted.
The other system is for blackwater and has a septic tank which receives
both toilet flush & greywater - when this one needs to have the
solids/sludge pumped out I'd like to be able to keep all that wonderful
humanure on site to compost & return to the garden:-)
Robyn