UK member or Coffee Grounds

philcorbett philcorbett at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 14 10:28:36 EST 2001

Hi - I have heard claims for the very effective powers of coffee grounds as
a soil coditioner but have never had enough to test it for myself.
One word of caution however, caffeine has germination inhibiting powers on
some seeds. While spent grounds may not contain much caffeine its worth
remembering this where grounds and seeds may come together.
Any caffeine remaining in the grounds will break down naturally in time of
course.

Cheers, Phil