Listmember's Ecologies - PVC alternatives

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflondon at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 9 01:47:10 EST 2001

On Sat, 8 Dec 2001 13:58:26 -0800 (PST), John Schinnerer
<eco_living at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> The drillers were not
>> knowledgeable about  alternative materials. So they installed a well
>> casing of PVC, and I don't want PVC in our well, so will have it
>> removed. I have not located any electrical wire for  the submersible
>> pump that is not coated in PVC.
>
>Greenpeace has a PVC alternatives database here:
>
>http://www.greenpeace.org/~toxics/pvcdatabase/

Any decent well, properly installed will have galvanized casing
installed and grouted securely into bedrock. Rubber insulated
electrical wire is readily available but most nowadays is probably
plastic insulated - don't want to skimp on that factor as torquing of
the pump during startup can stess the wire a little over time - there
are torque qrrestors to solve that problem and are recommended.

>Haven't browsed it much myself, but hope it helps...
>
>> The electrical utility wanted me to sign a form that gave them

>> rights, IN PERPETUITY, to construct, trim, cut

spray, etc., etc.

And the herbicide they use is much worse than RoundUp.

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon at mindspring.com
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech  london at ibiblio.org