cultural myths and misery

John Schinnerer eco_living at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 8 17:41:13 EST 2001

Aloha,

--- Brent Ladd <laddb at ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:
> I have attempted this-- at least as close to a native lifestyle as I
> could attempt in
> this modern world. I spent over three years living in the bush as a
> "wildman"...

Fascinating.  Thanks for posting this, and I plan to read your account.

It occurs to me that one thing you didn't have was a tribe or community
(if I understand your post, you were solo in this venture...do you feel
that would have made it less gruelling and more manageable, as it
presumably did for our distant forebears?

=====
John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing