Discussing Aesthetics...

Claude Genest genest at together.net
Sun Aug 12 19:09:01 EDT 2001

In French, we have a common expression ( well, common enough between my
partner and I anyway)

"les Gouts ne se discuttent pas"

i.e.  Individual tastes can't be discussed ( at least not very easily)

But it is my contention that while personal tastes and aesthetics are
subjective minefields that can't be discussed, sustainability and ethical
land use can be discussed, even  "measured".

Does it care for the earth, Care for the people and return a surplus ? Maybe
you can get the discussion to start there.....