eat the invasives

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflondon at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 14 18:19:14 EDT 2000

On Thu, 14 Sep 00 14:38:01 -0700, in permaculture rick valley
<bamboogrove at cmug.com> wrote:

>"The Book of Kudzu"? I want it for the library...
>
>I'd like a copy of that too. Is it by William Shurtleff?

>Yes, same guy as Book of Tofu and Book of Tempeh. I'd imagine that with a

And the Book of Miso.

>little Japanese trackhoe you could dig beaucoup Kudzu root in the SE, >eh?

What is a Japanese trackhoe?

Kudzu makes excellent animal feed.

>Anybody got any ideas on how to deal with Vinca minor (periwinkle) ? That's
>my newest invasive plant challenge- I've no got extensive stands of it- and
>it's moving into the forest. I've used it for sheet mulch topping- although
>caution must be exercised- it can root from cuttings!

Easily removed through proper mulching. Try covering areas of it with
these silver-colored plastic utility tarpaulins. They block nearly all
light.

Just be glad you don't have to deal with Bermuda, Johnson and
crabgrass, pigweed, rye and fescus grass and other miscellaneous
annuals.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm ICQ#27930345
lflondon at mindspring.com    london at metalab.unc.edu
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech    Ecolandtech
http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture  Permaculture
http://www.ibiblio.org/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO