Feedback needed: a new list for a permaculture calendar & events announcements

Lawrence F. London, Jr. london at metalab.unc.edu
Tue Jan 18 14:12:42 EST 2000

Lawrence F. London, Jr.  Venaura Farm
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm
lflondon at mindspring.com  london at metalab.unc.edu

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Keith Johnson wrote:

> Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:33:20 -0500
> From: Keith Johnson <keithdj at mindspring.com>
> To: permaculture <permaculture at franklin.oit.unc.edu>
> Subject: Re: Feedback needed: a new list for a permaculture calendar &
>     events  announcements
>
> Hi Y'all,
> <permaculture.net> will post course announcements. So, too, will Eastern Permaculture
> Teachers Assoc (but, only for members). Permaculture the Earth
> (http://www.permaearth.org/discus/board.html)
> will also post calendar events. Currently they  have old ('99) events listed, so send
> in your new stuff. I've contemplated creating such a page for the Activist site where
> visitors could post their own events, but I need guidance in setting it up. Clues?

Yes. Plenty of clues. On MetaLab you can easily set up a webforum and an
upload/view/download files (pix and documents & sound files) area. You can
see this in action in my permaculture page: http://metalab.unc.edu/permascape
See:
Permaculture Webforums
  READ | PC Information | POST
  READ | PC Links | POST
  READ | PC News | POST
  READ | PC FAQ | POST
  READ | PC Directory | POST

And:
Upload & view documents & pictures
  Upload docs  Read/download docs
  Upload pics  View/download pics
  Post info on uploads View Info

I can help you install the code and necessary file system in
your page to accomplish this.

> I prefer the longer "permaculture-calendar at franklin.oit.unc.edu" as a
> newsgroup name focused on events rather that news.
> Keith

Done.