Pond Construction, cont.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. london at metalab.unc.edu
Tue Aug 3 14:00:54 EDT 1999

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Claude Genest wrote:

> What are some ways you've found to deal with overflow?
> Do you divert it to your gardens?  to a subsidiary holding area?

To small catchments (ditches where rich silt may accumulate) near or
beside your gardens, to very small ponds or pools with aquaculture
systems, to a wetland area or to s succession of smaller ponds
(see Mollison's Designer's Manual for details on this).
> I'm especially interested with working ducks into the mix.

See my post descibing using lespedeza for this (and many other plants, of
course). Some types of plantings in dry areas that exist as catchment and
for erosion control might be called constructed drylands for nutrient-rich
runoff or greywater remediation.

You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: london at metalab.unc.edu
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-permaculture-75156P at franklin.oit.unc.edu

More information about the permaculture mailing list