info on permaculture - Chicagoland

Elfpermacl at aol.com Elfpermacl at aol.com
Fri Oct 9 09:05:07 EDT 1998

In a message dated 10/8/98 3:10:45 PM, pcdirect at lancnews.infi.net wrote:

<<Dear Friend:

       You ask a good question.  First of all, to my knowledge, there

have never been any Permaculture courses given in the Chicago area or

even Illinois.     Soon it will no longer be a secret.  Chicago is the

biggest gap in Pc education.  Once this message reaches the 3NET2 & the

Directory is published, it may not be long before Pc reaches Chicago.

        We have compiled thousands of names who have taken Pc courses &

14 names are from Chicago or Northern Illinois.  I will supply the names

of two, whose names will be published in the American Permaculture

Directory this month ( see www.permaculture.net)

Angela Dechard, 260 Van Damin, Glen Ellyn IL 60137, h-908-832-6285,

w-708-469-1345,  (as of 6/95)

Erik M Hill, 17580 Timber Dr, Sterling IL 61081, 815-626-9264,

<ehill at aol.com> (as of 8/96)

     There is more Pc activity in southern Wisconsin, & some in Indiana

too.  If you need more names from the Chicago area or WI or IN, contact

me direct  <jwirwin at permaculture.net>         For the Earth ...  John

Irwin

We seem to be hamstringing ourselves here by accepting political boundaries.
I gave a course about 60 miles from Chicago as the train goes, back in the
1980s.  John is more likely to have the exact date as he keeps track of these
things.  We had one student from Chicago who to my knowledge did not move.  I
think his name was Fitch, (John Fitch?)  John Irwin, isn't this man on your
database?

The course I gave happened to be in Michigan, by some strange coincidence the
name of the lake upon which Chicago sits.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since 1982),
Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and annual correspondence
courses via email.  Copyright, 1998, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52,
Sparr FL 32192 USA  Internships. YankeePerm at aol.com

We don't have time to rush.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles may be found at
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html
Elfin Permaculture programs are listed at the Eastern Permaculture Teachers
assn home page: http://home.ptd.net/~artrod/epta/eptahmp.html