Web page accessibility tool (fwd)

Lawrence F. London, Jr. london at sunsite.unc.edu
Thu May 21 00:27:41 EDT 1998

http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london   InterGarden
london at sunSITE.unc.edu   llondon at bellsouth.net

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 20:42:24 -0500
From: "Michele Gale-Sinex/CIAS, UW-Madison" <gale-sinex at aae.wisc.edu>
To: sanet-mg at amani.ces.ncsu.edu
Subject: Web page accessibility tool

Howdy, all--

Those of you who work on Web sites or work with those who do might
like to know about BOBBY, a tool of the Center for Applied Special
Technology.

http://www.cast.org/bobby/

According to the home page:

"Bobby is a free service of CAST that will analyze single web pages
for their accessibility to people with disabilities. Bobby will also
examine a page's HTML to see if it is compatible with various web
browsers or HTML specifications."

Most excellent, and very thorough. I've run some of our current CIAS
Web pages thru it just to get a feel for how it runs thru lower end
browsers.

peace
misha

Michele Gale-Sinex, communications manager
Center for Integrated Ag Systems
UW-Madison College of Ag and Life Sciences
Voice: (608) 262-8018   FAX: (608) 265-3020
http://www.wisc.edu/cias/

Computers are like Old Testament gods:
lots of rules, and no mercy.  --Joseph Campbell