permacultural orchard (fwd)

Lawrence F. London, Jr. london at sunsite.unc.edu
Wed Aug 6 21:57:00 EDT 1997

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 14:21:31 -0700
From: Ralph Hertle <Ralph.Hertle at stud.uni-hannover.de>
To: london at sunsite.unc.edu
Subject: permacultural orchard

Hi!

  I am doing a thesis paper on orchard management to produce apples for
juice. Having read Fukuoka and Mollison, I find their thoughts very
interesting, however not detailed enough to apply them to my problem.
Also, in Northern Germany, permacultural horticulture does not seem to
work well enough to use it commercially. The Kennedys, who have been
setting up the permacultural idea for Germany, could not help me yet with
my particular problem.
  So, maybe, you could hint me to someone in a similar climatic situation
who is running an orchard or would know something about that.

  Thanks a lot,

  sincerely Ralph