[monkeywire] Monkey as God Hanuman (odd)

Darren Ellis dellis at pcauthority.com.au
Tue Aug 27 20:31:52 EDT 2002

A monkey that is sitting atop the statue of Lord Hanuman for the past
twenty-two days is attracting streams of people.
Posted by himtimes on Saturday, August 24, 2002

BANGALORE-AUGUST 23: This is the story of a male adult monkey that has
metamorphosised as God Hanuman. No joke. A monkey sitting atop the statue of
God Hanuman for the past twenty-two days is attracting streams of people to
this unbelievable happening . It all happened at Thimmaganapalli. A monkey
just came inside the Altar or sanctum to the surprise of the priest and
other on lookers. They bet the monkey with the stick and many have even
threw stones. In the melee the monkey bore all this and came out with a new
avatar as monkey God. The effort of the villagers to chase the monkey did
not yield any results. The monkey doesn't eat anything, not even a delicious
banana.

"This is the reincarnation of God. This monkey is no ordinary monkey. It has
come here twenty two days back and sitting here day and night. I come in the
morning and perform pooja till late night. Thousands of people across are
coming to see this wonder. For the people of this village this is for good.
For the first five days we tried to chase this monkey away from the temple
but it did not budge and inch. Then the elders decided that it is God and we
are performing pooja," said Krishnamurthy, priest of the Hanuman temple.

The word spread across attracting thousands of people to see this ardent
devotee. "I have come from Hindupur to see this wonder. This is really God
coming in new avtar and reincarnation. For me this is God and for Good, said
Nirmala, a visitor.

Even now the monkey is sitting atop the statue like a rock. People are
thronging and performing pooja. (ANI)

http://himtimes.com/cgi-bin/himnews/fullnews.cgi?newsid1030186503,66394
<http://himtimes.com/cgi-bin/himnews/fullnews.cgi?newsid1030186503,66394> ,

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or
confidential information. It is intended solely for the named addressee. If
delivery of the message to the addressee), you may not copy or deliver this
message or its attachments to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete
this message and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. Any content of this message and its attachments which does not
relate to the official business of AJB Publishing or its subsidiaries must
be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by any of them. No warranty is
made that the e-mail or attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other
defect.