TV Listings 12/11-12/17

Lulu Bates number1chicken at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 11 19:21:42 EST 2000

Monkeys in general appear to be enjoying a certain cache as they are rapidly
becoming some of the most hotly pursued "co-stars" in Hollywood! Word on the
street is that Sarah Michelle Gellar has turned out the cute and cuddly
Freddie Prinze, Jr. in favor of a cuter and cuddlier capuchin monkey! And
Jennifer Love Hewitt (after ditching the un-cute and un-cuddly Carson Daly)
has found true companionship with a golden lion tamarind! Did anyone else
catch their matching ensembles at the American Billboard Awards? Monkeys are
definitely in Vogue!

Watch their meteoric rise to super stardom this week:

12/11 TNT at 7 am. Start the day with "ChiPs" as oh-so-sexy Ponch and
tighty-whitey John crack down on a monkey crime family. Definitely this
week's Must See.

Also on 12/11 on Cartoon Network at 10 pm, "The Flintstones" will be
featuring some prehistoric monkey pranks as Fred trades in Pebbles for a
monkey.

And, Nickolodeon at 8, "The Wild Thornberries" shows silverback gorillas
invading a campsite and stealing picnic baskets. Hey, Boo Boo, they're
stealing your schtick!

12/12 on Nickolodeon at 9 am, We get to meet Mitzi the Flying Monkey! I
don't know the name of the show, because I forgot to write it down! Direct
hate mail to number1chicken at hotmail.com!

on Animal Planet at 4 pm, Light a yule log, grab a glass of eggnog and
gather the family around the tele for an inspirational story of a capuchin
monkey who, uh, inspires people. On "Pet Story."

12/13 on Animal Planet at 5, grab a box of kleenex and watch "Wild Rescues"
as they release a captive gorilla back into the wild. So it can invade
campsites and steal picnic baskets, eh Boo Boo?

Discovery at 6pm, "Three Monkeys" a documentary focusing on White-faced
capuchins, spider monkeys and howler monkeys. Edu-Cay-shun.

12/14 Nickolodeon at 2:30. "Monkey Business." The show is all about monkeys.
Every week. Every episode. Just watch it.

12/15 Animal Planet at 1:30 "Amazing Tails" is all about trained monkey
companions. Hey Monkey! Get me a beer! Or it's out on the streets and back
to stealing picnic baskets!

also, Lifetime (Television for Women) at 6 am. "Golden Girls" I was lucky
enough to never have seen this show in the 80s, and I'm certainly not going
to start watching now, but, if you insist, the episode features Dorothy,
Stan and a Fake Monkey. Really. You couldn't pay me to watch that.

12/16 on the WB, "Sheena" (yes, that is a Xena knock-off) features gorillas
in revealing metallic armor battling evil and slipping into comprising
positions at least once an episode.

12/16 and 12/17 Animal Planet various times, "Untamed Amazonia" will be
having a howler monkey salsa contest. Ok, no. Not really.

12/17 on ARTS at noon, Did you know one of the "Top 10 Animal Adventures"
involves Orangutans in Borneo raiding campsites and stealing picnic baskets?
Watch and learn.

That's it for this week!