Heirloom Tomato Festival, Sunday 9/17 at CCE Tompkins

Chrys B. Gardener cab69 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 13 11:12:09 EDT 2017

Heirloom Tomato Festival!
Sunday, September 17, 11:00am-2:00pm
@ CCE-Tompkins, 615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca NY

Calling all tomato lovers! This is an opportunity to sample many varieties of heirloom tomatoes at one time, then take home some saved seeds so you can grow these delicious yet sometimes hard-to-find varieties in your own garden. The tomato sampling and seed saving instruction will be ongoing so drop in when you can! Suggested $5 donation to cover cost of materials. Tomatoes available for tasting and seed saving this year will depend upon the weather, but thus far we will likely have: Amish Paste, Orange Banana, Striped Roman, Berkeley Tie-Dye, Yellow Oxheart, Tigerella, Green Zebra, Jaune Flamme, Black Vernissage, Rose de Berne, Goldmans Italian American, Polish Linguisa, Yellow Plum, Opluka, Zapotec, Dee Jeana Lees Golden Girl, Yellow Brandywine, Kellogg's Breakfast, German Stripe, Pineapple, Prudens Purple, Black Zebra, Black Krim, Violet Jasper, Aunt Ruby's German Green, Cherokee Green, Mortgage Lifter, Druzba, Bloody Butcher and Pink Brandywine,
Cost: $5/suggested donation to support our horticulture programs.

PS: Fall is the perfect time to plant GARLIC! This year we will have seed garlic available to purchase from Edible Acres<http://www.edibleacres.org/> for fall planting, as well as a limited amount from the Garlic Project to take home for free! http://ccetompkins.org/events/2017/09/17/heirloom-tomato-festival
[https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.cce.cornell.edu/slides/23602/image/sized/heirloom-tomatoes-usda850x425.jpg]<http://ccetompkins.org/events/2017/09/17/heirloom-tomato-festival>

Cornell Cooperative Extension | Heirloom Tomato Festival!<http://ccetompkins.org/events/2017/09/17/heirloom-tomato-festival>
ccetompkins.org
Calling all tomato lovers! Sample heirloom tomatoes and learn how to save tomato seeds for next year's garden at this event on Saturday September 17.

Questions? Contact Chrys Gardener at cab69 at cornell.edu<mailto:cab69 at cornell.edu>

Chrys Gardener
Commercial/Community Horticulture Educator
Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County
615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca NY 14850
(607)272-2292, extension 241
www.ccetompkins.org