Coming Up at Groundswell Center (Ithaca, NY): Agriculture & Climate Change, Equipment Purchasing, Farming for Justice

Kate Cardona kate.w.cardona at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 16:12:18 EDT 2017

*PLEASE SHARE WIDELY:*

*Coming Up at*
*Groundswell Center for Local Food and Farming!*

*Attend a Workshop*
*Field Day with NOFA NY: Equipment Tutorial for Small Farms: Wednesday,
September 13th, 6PM-8PM <http://groundswellcenter.org/event/4872/>*
*Remembrance Farm, <http://www.remembrancefarm.org/> 6294 Searsburg Road,
Trumansburg NY. $15*
Are you a new or growing farm looking to purchase equipment that’s right
for you both financially and logistically? Join us for a hands-on evening
in partnership with NOFA-NY to look at and learn about various different
types of equipment to determine what will be appropriate for the size and
needs of your operation.

*Agriculture and Climate Change Workshop with Mike Biltonen and Jay Smith
<http://groundswellcenter.org/event/agriculture-and-climate-change/>*
*Saturday, October 21st, 10AM-3PM, **Location TBA. $25-$50.*
Climate change has been affecting our farms for several decades now. The
science and data show that there will continue to be dramatic impacts on
every farmers’ ability to grow and distribute food. Agriculture is one of
our greatest tools for reducing and even potentially reversing the effects
of modern industrial society on our global climate, but it also one of the
greatest contributors to climate change. Something has to give. Come learn
about how we can work together as a community to ensure local stability in
local food production and security!

*Tour the Groundswell Incubator Farm*
*Incubator Farm Tour: Tuesday, September 12th, 5:30-6:30PM
<http://groundswellcenter.org/visit/>*
*Groundswell Incubator Farm at Ithaca EcoVillage*
Come out to Groundswell’s Incubator Farm for a tour led by the Incubator
Farm Manager or Groundswell staff member, and learn about how immigrants,
refugees, and people marginalized in the food system are getting support to
start food and farmbusinesses.

*Act for Food Justice*
*Farming for Justice: A Discussion/Action Group for Food Producers:
Wednesday, October 17th, 6PM-8PM*
*Groundswell Center, 225 South Fulton Street, Ithaca NY**
Farming for Justice is a new monthly meeting for farmers, food producers,
and land workers interested in digging into the intersection of food,
agriculture and social justice. What role do we see ourselves playing in
racial/economic justice work? What are the barriers we face and how can we
support each other to step further into action? Through dialogue, education
and action planning, we'll begin to explore the answers.
RSVP to Kate Cardona at kate at groundswellcenter.org
**Please let me know if your farm or home can host an upcoming session!**