Seed Saving 101, Wed. Sept. 21 at CCE Tompkins

Chrys B. Gardener cab69 at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 15 10:39:50 EDT 2016

Seed Saving 101
Wednesday September 21, 6:30-8:30 pm
CCE Tompkins, 615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca
Cost: $5-$10 sliding scale

Learn to save your own flower and vegetable seeds for next year's garden and to share with others! In this hands-on class participants will learn the basic principles of seed saving. We'll spend some time outside harvesting different types of vegetable and flower seeds from the CCE gardens, then we'll clean the seeds using different techniques and tools. Learn why fermentation of tomato seeds is essential for good germination, and how to dry and store seeds for long-term use. We'll also have some heirloom tomatoes for tasting and for extracting seeds to save.

For more information and to register online, go to http://ccetompkins.org/events/2016/09/21/seed-saving-101. To register by phone call 272-2292, or email cab69 at cornell.edu<mailto:cab69 at cornell.edu>

Chrys Gardener
Commercial/Community Horticulture Educator
Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County
615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca NY 14850
(607)272-2292, extension 241
www.ccetompkins.org<http://www.ccetompkins.org>