Volunteer build sessions at the Permaculture Park, 10/15, 10/22 and 10/24

Chrys B. Gardener cab69 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 9 10:37:07 EDT 2015

Learn how to build raised beds with locust lumber and herb spirals!
@ Volunteer Days at the Permaculture Park (aka Conley Park) in the Northside neighborhood)
Thursday Oct 15, 4-7pm
Thursday Oct 22, 4-6pm
Saturday Oct 24, 12-4pm

After a successful crowdfunding campaign through ioby, the Get2gether Neighborhood Challenge Winner and the Center for the New American Dream, staff at CCE Tompkins are organizing multiple volunteer days at the Permaculture Park (aka Conley Park) in the Northside neighborhood to build raised beds using locally harvested locust lumber and an herb spirals with local stone. We would love to have you join us!

The Permaculture Park Project in Ithaca, NY is a neighborhood shared green space along the Cascadilla Creek in Ithaca's Northside community. The Park is a community effort which demonstrates ecologically sound landscaping practices in a public setting featuring a wide array of native and lesser known edible plants free for anyone to enjoy.

We are hoping to expand this project into more spaces and parks in Ithaca and Tompkins County. If you and your community are interested, we would be happy to consult with you and help guide you through the process of gaining permission from the city Parks Commission, securing donations of fruit trees and bushes, and organizing volunteers to plant and maintain. For more information or questions, email Will Gowen at  willgowen at gmail.com<mailto:willgowen at gmail.com>

Chrys Gardener
Commercial/Community Horticulture Educator
Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County
615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca NY 14850
(607)272-2292, extension 241
www.ccetompkins.org<http://www.ccetompkins.org>