11/21: LEAF SWAP & COMPOST GIVEAWAY @ CCE-Tompkins

Sandra J. Repp sjr37 at cornell.edu
Fri Nov 20 12:40:55 EST 2015

4th Annual Leaf Swap & LEAF/COMPOST GIVEAWAY!

Saturday, Nov. 21, 10:00am-1:00pm

@ CCE-Tompkins, 615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca NY

We've been collecting leaves for 11 days now, and there's A LOT HERE! We'll still take your CLEAN** bagged leaves (residential leaves only, no branches or other yard waste) through Saturday. Gardeners and composters may come on Saturday, November 21 from 10:00am-1:00pm and TAKE AWAY BAGS OF LEAVES to mulch beds and to use as "browns" for your compost piles. Master Composters will be on hand to teach composting, especially how to use leaves over the winter for better compost. Households may take home 5 GALLONS OF FREE, SIFTED COMPOST (bring your own container) while supplies last! For more info, please visit: http://ccetompkins.org/events/2015/11/09/4th-annual-leaf-swap-compost-giveaway or contact Adam at acm1 at cornell.edu<mailto:acm1 at cornell.edu> or phone, 607-272-2292 x 124.

**by CLEAN we mean bags of residential leaves, raked up from your lawn or garden beds only. Leaves raked from the street often contain trash or contaminants from cars and road runoff. No branches, large stems, or other garden debris. No leaves from Black Walnut trees as they contain a toxin that inhibits plant growth.