Cayuta Sun Farm BBQ & Presentations on the Finger Lakes Permaculture Tour: August 22, 2015

Michael Burns cayutasunfarm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 11:20:30 EDT 2015

This weekend is the Finger Lakes
Permaculture Tour!

The people at Cayuta Sun Farm are looking forward to the event and welcome
your to visit our woodland farm.

Schedule of events:

   - From 12 to 4 p.m. we'll offer our guests a generous BBQ lunch
   featuring half of a grass-fattened chicken with potato salad for $10 thanks
   to chef Jake Delisle of Roaming Root Farm.

   - At 1, 2 and 3 p.m. permaculture teachers Erin Humphries, Amiee Heavy
   and Laura Kennedy will give brief presentations to introduce visitors to
   the basic principles and strategies of permaculture design.

   - Interns Andew Olcott and Jason Maanka will demonstrate how our
   shiitake mushrooms are produced all afternoon. Inoculated mushroom logs
   will be for sold for $20

   - Farm co-owner Michael Burns will give ongoing tours of Cayuta Sun Farm
   from 1 to 4 p.m.

   - We'll also be selling frozen chicken and fresh shiitake mushrooms
   until sold out.

About the Finger Lakes Permaculture Tour:

The tour is sponsored by the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute with the
cooperations of thirteen different farms, homes, and parks in or near
Ithaca and Syracuse, N.Y.

The first event is a showing of the new permaculture movie "Inhabit" at the
Schuyler County Human Services Building on Tioga Street in Montour Falls.
The filmmaker will be present to answer questions afterwards.

On Saturday morning sites in Syracuse, and east or south of Ithaca, will be
open to visitors. In the afternoon, sites west of Ithaca will be open to
tours until 4 p.m.

In the evening (5 p.m. to 8 p.m.) a reception with food and entertainment
will be held at the Good Life Farm's new cider house.

More information including downloads, links to participating sites, and
maps can be had at: http://fingerlakespermaculture.org/permaculture-tour/

Information about Cayuta Sun Farm and our activities on August 22nd can be
found at: http://cayutasunfarm.com/2015/08/17/bbq-tour-august-22/

Travel safely and we look forward to your visit,

*Cayuta Sun Farm      *
*607-227-0316              *
*CayutaSunFarm.com <http://CayutaSunFarm.com>*