TONIGHT: Creating a Sustainable Marketplace SEEN Event
shiragolding at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 11:30:05 EDT 2011
Creating a Sustainable Marketplace
Thursday, October 13th 5:30-8pm
"The Space" @ Greenstar
700 West Buffalo St
Together we're building a more sustainable economy.
What does a sustainable marketplace look like to you?
Come join us on Thursday, October 13th for a panel presentation on four
innovative systems in Ithaca that facilitate local exchange:
• Paul Strebel presents Ithaca Hours
• Leslie Strebel presents Time Banking
• Shira Golding presents Share Tompkins
• Alex Colket presents Swidjit
Come learn about how new technologies are reviving traditional
localized economies. Learn how you can leverage these systems for
personal growth or to bolster your business.
The panel will be followed by a Community Market that draws from all 4
innovations and welcomes your own creative input. Let's co-create a
marketplace that builds community, enriches our lives, and strengthens
the local economy.
Please join us on Thursday, October 13th at Greenstar's "The
Space" (directions to the left) and bring the following:
• Your questions on the above topics
• Your ideas about sustainable markets
• Your items to trade
• Your list of haves and wants
• Your Ithaca Hours
• Your friends
We look forward to seeing you there!
If you are coming from out of town, please share the ride.
Post ride offers or requests atZimride.com/Tompkins
For SEEN members...
• To table on Thursday, email info at TheSEEN.org
• Don't forget to visit the Member Gateway at TheSEEN.org
• Got a triple bottom line story? Contact Scott Hamilton to be
featured by the SEEN.
• Renewing your membership is easy. Sign uponline, send us an email,
or bring your check on Thursday.
About The SEEN
The Sustainable Enterprise & Entrepreneur Network
(The SEEN) is a growing community of businesses, organizations, and
individuals working together to achieve ecological, social, and
financial success. The SEEN is a program of the Green Resource Hub, a
local non-profit organization that aims to expand the marketplace for
sustainable living in the finger Lakes region.
More information about the FingerLakesPermaculture