Rochester Permaculture Center workshops date correction

patty love/Barefoot Permaculture patty at barefootpermaculture.com
Mon Oct 3 05:28:25 EDT 2011

I apologize for posting the wrong day - the mushroom workshop is on Sunday,
10/16 (not Saturday).  PDC dates are now updated, too.

Upcoming Classes and Workshops
Register or more information:  patty at barefootpermaculture.com or
585.506.6505
Preregistration is required.

All fees are sliding scale at the discretion of the student.  Full fee helps
fund scholarships.

Limited work-trade arrangements are available, if arranged in advance.

All classes are held in Rochester, NY and are stand-alone experiences, which
may be taken individually or as a series.

Edible Forest Gardening In A Nutshell:  An Introduction - Saturday, October
8, 2011 9am - 1 pm $45-60

Edible Forest Gardening (EFG) is an effective way to design home scale
gardens in our climate that mimic forest ecosystem structure and function,
but grow food, fuel, fiber, fodder, fertilizer, "farmaceuticals," and fun
while we consciously apply the principles of ecology and permaculture.  Join
us for a hands-on skill-building experience in edible forest gardening.
Learn to transform traditional lawn landscapes into abundant food-producing
perennial forest gardens.  Participants will learn the skills needed to get
started at their own home or expand the abilities of a gardening business.
We will get our hands dirty while we install and establish a brand new
forest garden.  Have you wanted to:

.      learn about Permaculture and/or Edible Forest Gardening?

.      learn how to grow more food in less space with less weeding and
watering?

.      learn how to use organic gardening methods to produce healthier food
for your family?

.      learn how to build healthy soil?

.      learn how to incorporate healthy nuts, fruits, and perennial
vegetables into your garden space?
Preregistration <mailto:patty at barefootpermaculture.com>  is required.

Edible Forest Garden Caretake and Winter Prep - October 8-9, 2011, 9am-5pm
both days $200-225
Join us as we caretake and install new polycultures of multi-purpose plants
at the new Rochester Permaculture Center, a program of Seeking Common
Ground, and a local urban/suburban space.  Using Edible Forest Gardens by
Dave Jacke with Eric Toensmeier as a guide, we will discuss and experience
methods and practices to manage a food forest. Beginners and experienced
forest gardeners and permaculture practitioners will all benefit from this
experience.  This dynamic, hands-on class will be held out of doors.
Preregistration <mailto:patty at barefootpermaculture.com>  is required.

Mushrooms 101 - Sunday, October 16, 2011 9:30am to 12:30pm with optional
brown bag lunch to follow -$30-45

Learn to cultivate and enjoy mushrooms in your yard and garden with Steve
Gabriel, mushroom grower and Program Director for Finger Lakes Permaculture
Institute.  Mushrooms are a remarkable source of food and medicine that have
been cultivated and wild-crafted by humans for thousands of years. This
workshop will introduce participants to the world of mushrooms and their
link to healthy soils and forests. We will inoculate shiitake, oyster, and
stropharia mushrooms and talk about their applications to both the home and
farm enterprise.   Participants receive complete instruction and take home
an inoculated substrate and instructional booklet with further resources.
Preregistration <mailto:patty at barefootpermaculture.com>  is required.

Weekend Permaculture Design Certification 72 hour course - 6
Fridays/Saturdays October 2011 - February 2012  $800-1000
Successful completion of this course will earn participants an
internationally recognized Permaculture Design Certificate.  This course is
structured on Friday/Saturday "weekends" from 8:30 am to 4 pm.  Class dates
are:  Oct 28 & 29, Nov 11 & 12, Dec 9 & 10, 2011 and Jan 13 & 14, Jan 27
&28, Feb 17 & 18, 2012.  (Note:  at publication time, another
Saturday/Sunday option is still being explored for Nov - March completion.)
Preregistration <mailto:patty at barefootpermaculture.com>  is required.

Edible Forest Garden Design and Theory - Winter Weekend 2011/2012 (date TBD)
$225-250
Would you like to learn how to garden like the forest even in urban/suburban
spaces?  Using Edible Forest Gardens by Dave Jacke with Eric Toensmeier as a
guide, we will explore the rationale for using these methods to produce a
food forest.  We will also explore the design process to create conceptual
and detailed designs for the Rochester Permaculture Institute.  Beginners
and experienced forest gardeners and permaculture practitioners will all
benefit from this experience.  This dynamic, hands-on class will meet 6-9 pm
on Friday, 9-9 on Saturday, and 9-1 on Sunday.  All classes will be held in
Rochester, NY.  Class size is limited.  Preregistration
<mailto:patty at barefootpermaculture.com>  is required.

 <http://barefootpermaculture.com/coming-events/efg> Four Seasons
Permaculture Design Certification 72 hour course - March 2012 - Feb 2013
$800-1000
This course is structured in one introductory weekend followed by monthly
Sunday sessions, allowing full-time workers, students, and people with
families more flexibility to participate.   All classes will be held in
Rochester, NY.  Camping and a few indoor overnight accommodations are
available.  Preregistration <mailto:patty at barefootpermaculture.com>  is
required.

Free Monthly Meetup - (next meeting Sunday, October 9th)

http://www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/

Each month we meet up to talk about topics such as (but not limited to)
edible landscapes, gardening, farming, renewable energy, green building,
local currency, rainwater harvesting, composting, mushrooms, local food,
forest gardening, herbalism, "green" living, sustainable economic systems,
conservation, community-building, relocalization and transition towns.
Meeting location and details available on website.

Free Garden Tour - Thursday, October 20th 5-5:45 pm  Free

Take a guided tour of the Rochester Permaculture Center's Edible Forest
Garden, located at 163 Helen Road 14623.  The tour is being held in
conjunction with Upstate Green Business Network's Green Drinks - October,
Third Thursday Event.

About Rochester Permaculture Center

Mission:  Rochester Permaculture Center, a program of Seeking Common Ground,
Inc. is dedicated to exploring, modeling, and inspiring more conscious,
sustainable, and restorative ways of life through the application of
permaculture and other regenerative design techniques and principles.

Warmly,

patty love, Owner

Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture

patty at barefootpermaculture.com

www.barefootpermaculture.com

Program Director
Rochester Permaculture Center

www.rochesterpermacultureinstitute.org

patty at barefootpermaculture.com

http://www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/

585.506.6505

PO Box 18212

Rochester, NY 14618

My life's purpose is gathering and sharing resources and information that
regenerate my own and others' abundant existence and vibrant well-being.

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what
nobody has thought."  ~ Albert Szent-Giorgi, Nobel Laureate

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" ~
Mary Oliver