March 24: Community Book Swap Co-sponsored by Share Tompkins and MLK Community Build

Shira Golding shiragolding at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 14:37:42 EDT 2011

Share Tompkins and the MLK Community Build are co-sponsoring a
Community Book Swap!

Thursday, March 24, 6-8pm

The Kops/Klock/Muller Household

322 South Geneva St., Ithaca, NY

-Drop off books in readable condition or better, and swap them for
books that are new to you.
-Sign up for a spot to recite your favorite poem or read an excerpt
from a special book during Literary Open Mic time.

To make swapping super easy, we are trying out the process of swapping
like for like:

- Give a paperback, get a paperback
- Give a children’s book, get a children’s book, etc.

Also available will be FREE copies of the special edition of Dr.
Martin Luther King Jr.’s last book, “Where Do We Go From Here:
Chaos or Community?” printed specifically for the people of Ithaca
and Tompkins County through the vision and efforts of the MLK
Community Build.

Children’s book donations will be accepted for distribution to the
Family Reading Partnership’s Bright Red Book Shelf program, which
recirculates gently used children’s books back into the community
where they are made available free for families to own.

Usually we ask that unwanted items be taken back, but in this case,
all leftover books will be donated to the Family Reading Partnership
and Friends of the Library.

SO BRING YOUR UNWANTED BOOKS AND READ SOMETHING NEW!

RSVP on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=140631359335346

Share Tompkins:
http://sharetompkins.wordpress.com