FREE Garden Teacher-Training Series with Ithaca Based Gardens4Humanity

Liz Falk erf59 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 3 12:02:09 EST 2011

For immediate release - please share widely:

Interested in gardening with kids or hands-on gardening opportunities in
your community?
Take a FREE 20-hour gardening and teaching workshop!

Training Starts Monday March 14th! 6-9pm

Gardens 4 Humanity <http://ccetompkins.org/node/405>  (G4H) is recruiting
parents, teachers, students and all interested community members to become
Gardens 4 Humanity teachers. As a G4H teacher, you will receive a free
20-hour garden based learning training on topics including gardening basics,
effectively teaching kids and adults in and out of the classroom setting,
and garden and food related activities.  After the training, you will be
able to shadow experienced G4H teachers in a classroom, after-school or
community setting during garden based learning programs.  You will then be
matched with a school or community site in Tompkins County to
teach/help/lead a group on a regular basis.  (We will do our best to match
you to a school or community center of choice/close to your home.)

NOTE: In exchange for the free 20-hour training, Gardens 4 Humanity asks for
20-hours of volunteer time in Tompkins County.

No prior gardening experience is required.

Dates: The Monday March 14 6-9pm, Monday March 28 6-9pm, Saturday April 2
10-4pm, and Monday April 11 6-9pm.  You must be able to attend all 4
sessions unless special arrangements are made.

Location: Greater Ithaca Activity Center (GIAC) 301 Albany Street (unless
noted otherwise)

For more Information and to Register: Visit our web sit:
www.ccetompkins.org/g4h and fill out an application
<http://ccetompkins.org/sites/all/files/158/G4H%20Training%20Application_201
1.doc>

**Gardens 4 Humanity (G4H) is a community-driven organization that promotes
economic, personal, and neighborhood empowerment through urban gardening and
local farm connections.

Liz

-------

Liz Falk