Ecological Design Course with FLPCI, Syracuse NY Sept-Nov 2011

Michael Burns michael at fingerlakespermaculture.org
Wed Jul 20 12:07:24 EDT 2011

COMMUNITY TRAINING IN ECOLOGICAL DESIGN

presented by the
Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute (FingerLakesPermaculture.org)

with
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County (ExtendOnondaga.org)

and
The Alchemical Nursery (AlchemicalNursery.org)

September 10 & 11 (9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
then Wednesday evenings, September 14 through November 9 (6:00–8:30
p.m.)

This class gives gardeners, landowners, farmers, and anyone interested
in sustainable living tools to get started on a wide range of projects
to improve food production, conserve resources, and save money.

We will meet once a week throughout the winter to discuss the
principles and techniques of permaculture and ecological design that
help us make better choices for our land, families, and communities.

   September 10 & 11 - Permaculture Basics
   September 14 - Plants & Niches
   September 21 - Build a Guild
   September 28 - Soil & Compost
   October 5 - Water Management
   October 12 - Earthworks
   October 19 - Trees & Forests
   October 26 – Community Design
   November 2 – Design Lab
   November 9 - Share Designs

Class work will include a self-selected design project; you can design
your backyard, garden space, or an entire neighborhood. Examples and
applications will be given in both an urban and rural context. Class
will be a balance of lecture and hands-on learning.

Instructors include Steve Gabriel, Michael Burns, Kayleigh Burgess,
Frank Cetera and regional guests.
Tuition: $200 - $400 (based on what you can afford)
Scholarships may be available from generous local organizations.
Visit http://FingerLakesPermaculture.org for information and
registration.

Phone: 607.527.0607

Email: info at fingerlakespermaculture.org

NOTE: This is not a Permaculture Design Certification course. However,
your tuition to this series of classes can be applied to our summer
PDC course tuition.

###

http://FLXpermaculture.Net
regional regenerative resources