Boricua Afro Americano Parade & Festival - Volunteers Needed

Liz Falk erf59 at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 19 14:01:24 EDT 2011

The FIRST Ithaca *Boricua Afro Americano Parade & Festival* NEEDS YOUR
VOLUNTEER HELP

*Saturday July 30th -
12 volunteers needed. 8am-10am.*
Set-up in the morning, on the Commons at 8am.

You can email me @ efalk at cornell.edu or call Ana Ortiz, the event's
organizer, at 585-410-9815.

*More on the Festival:*
Puerto Rican Festival & Parade

No More Tears ( No Mas Lagrimas) cordially invites you to the *Boricua Afro
Americano Parade Festival, *a family-friendly and fun-filled day celebrating
Puerto Rican culture! This year's Festival will focus on our children. To
reach our young ones and wipe away some tears. We want to make all parents
and their children aware of local support systems and resources.

*Event includes:* * "La Pequena Princesa of Ithaca" Pageant * Open Mic" *
"Mayor of Ithaca Candidates Forum" * Information Resources and Activities
For The Youth * Live Performances * Fun Facts About Puerto Rico * Salsa
Dancing & Bachata * Puerto Rican Music: Hip Hop, Reggaeton, Salsa...etc *
Puerto Rican Merchandise * A variety of Puerto Rican & Local Foods Will Be
Available For Sale!

*Organized by No More Tears/ No Mas Lagrimas, an organization founded by
Natural Leaders Initiative graduate Ana Ortiz. *

---------
Liz Falk
Education and Outreach
Compost and Gardens
Cornell Cooperative Extension Tompkins County
607.272.2292 ext 268