Scholarships: Food Justice Conference (Oakland, CA Nov 5-8, 2011)

Michael Burns michael at fingerlakespermaculture.org
Fri Jul 8 09:07:53 EDT 2011

Join us for CFSC's 15th Annual Conference:
FOOD JUSTICE: HONORING OUR ROOTS, GROWING THE MOVEMENT
November 4 – 8, 2011 in Oakland, California
http://www.communityfoodconference.org

SCHOLARSHIPS AND VOLUNTEER POSITIONS

A small number of scholarships and volunteer positions are available
to cover the costs of full registration for conference participants.

Priority for scholarships will be given to people of color, people
working in communities of color or low-income communities, youth,
limited resource farmers/producers, food chain workers and new
community leaders. Representation from all regions of the country will
also be taken into consideration.

There are also a small number of volunteer positions available.  In
exchange for 12 hours of work during the conference, volunteers will
be able to attend the conference for free.  People who reside in the
Bay Area will be given priority for volunteer positions.

Apply online: http://bit.ly/CFSC15scholarship
Application deadline: August 26

ABOUT THE CONFERENCE

Over the past 15 years, CFSC has worked to catalyze a broad and far-
reaching food systems movement. Each year, CFSC brings people together
to learn from each other and to shape the future of our movement. CFSC
held its first conference with 170 attendees in Los Angeles in 1997
and this year we return to California for “Food Justice: Honoring our
Roots, Growing the Movement.”

CFSC and the movement have grown exponentially, and so has the annual
conference! We expect 1,200 participants this November 5 – 8 in
Oakland, CA from almost every state, many Canadian provinces, and five
continents. The California Food and Justice Coalition (www.cafoodjustice.org
) and Food First (www.foodfirst.org) will be our hosts and have teamed
up with many Bay Area organizations to help CFSC put on a fantastic
event.

The conference will begin with two days of pre-conference short
courses and Food Justice Tours throughout the Bay Area. The main
conference begins Sunday morning and runs through Tuesday afternoon
featuring 66 skill building and educational workshops, 20 networking
sessions, 5 CFSC Member committee meetings, and a poster session.

Throughout the conference General Sessions will look back to the roots
of our food movement, discuss the Food & Farm Bill, and examine where
our movement is heading.  The third annual Food Sovereignty Prize will
be awarded and attendees will have the opportunity to meet Food
Sovereignty and Food Justice advocates from the Bay Area and beyond.

STAY CONNECTED
Conference website: http://communityfoodconference.org/15
Conference Email List: http://bit.ly/CFSCemail
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CommunityFood
Twitter: http://twitter.com/CFSCinfo

--
Emily Becker
Membership Coordinator & Conference Planner

Earn your Permaculture Design Certificate
July 22nd through August 7, 2011
http://FingerLakesPermaculture.org