FREE SEEDS at CCE-Tompkins!

Sandra Repp sjr37 at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 25 12:04:31 EST 2011

FREE SEEDS AVAILABLE AT COOPERATIVE EXTENSION!

Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County has received many
generous seed donations from vendors including Ithaca Agway, Seed
Savers Exchange, FEDCO, Burpee, Heirloom Seeds, Seed Saver Exchange,
Select Seeds, Harris Seeds, and Southern Exposure Seed
Exchange.  There is a cabinet for flowers, and another cabinet for
vegetables and herbs.

The Seed Cabinet works like this: everyone is welcome to come and
take some seeds for free (please observe a limit of 10 packets per
visit); everyone is ALSO welcome to contribute accurately identified
and dated seed (date of seed collection) to the Seed Cabinet for
others to share.  We have little envelopes here, or you may use your
own, but be sure to put the year of seed collection on the envelope,
as well as the name of the plant.

The Seed Cabinets are located in our Agriculture/Environment office
and can be visited weekdays from 8:30am-4:30pm.  Tompkins County
Cornell Cooperative Extension is located at 615 Willow Avenue in
Ithaca (Dey St. exit from Route 13). Note: we will be closed on Monday Feb. 21.

Questions? Call (607) 272-2292 for more information.