Join 2011 Master Composter Program - Tompkins County

Liz Falk erf59 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 10 10:44:54 EST 2011

please share widely:

Save Money - Grow Your Garden - Learn to Teach---
Become a Master Composter!

Master Composter training includes ten classroom sessions or field trips, as well as practical education through volunteering in the community.  In the classes, trained Master Composters or experts provide in-depth instruction about various aspects of composting and the importance of composting in waste management.  Additionally, trainees receive instruction on how to be effective teachers for a variety of age groups and in a range of settings.

The 2011 Master Composter Training will be held each Thursday from February 17 to May 5 from 6:30 to 8:30pm (no class on March 24) at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County, 615 Willow Avenue.
Applications are due February 4th.

To become a Master Composter download the Volunteer Job Description and Application from our website: http://ccetompkins.org/garden/composting/become-master-composter
or request the Volunteer Job Description and Application Form by calling Cooperative Extension at (607) 272-2292 or pick them both up at CCE-Tompkins at 615 Willow Avenue in Ithaca. After we review your application, we will schedule a short interview.

Please contact Liz Falk erf59 at cornell.edu for more information.

---------
Liz Falk
Education and Outreach
Compost and Gardens
Cornell Cooperative Extension Tompkins County
607.272.2292 ext 268