Finger Lakes Earth First! Mobilizes to STOP DRILLING!

Ryan Clover clover56 at riseup.net
Fri May 14 15:12:34 EDT 2010

**Please Forward Widely**

Announcing FINGER LAKES EARTH FIRST!

     The land and water cannot depend on the hollow promises of
politicians and corporations. Over and over, regulations fail to
protect the land and water that gives us life. Counting on the
government to protect us is no safer than counting on the oil and gas
companies to drill safely. That’s why we started Finger Lakes Earth
First! To make space in the gas drilling debate for those of us that
are ready to take action to defend our home.

     NO DRILLING! NO COMPROMISE!

May 15th – Come to the Fingerlakes EF! Cookout & What not.

At 4pm, Saturday 5/15 at Stewart Park, Ithaca, NY, we’ll be gathering
to celebrate the beginning of a Finger Lakes Earth First! Movement.
Bring food for the grill. Games to play. Things to talk about. Friends
and family. This is a space to hang out and meet other people in the
movement, and to get involved yourself. When you get to the park, look
for the black & green flag by the lake ;)

May 17th – FORUM “Guns for Global Warming” Talk by Peter Gelderloos

Monday 5/17 at 7pm, Peter Gelderloos, author of How Non-Violence
Protects the State and Consensus, will be presenting an informative
and igniting talk called “Guns for Global Warming” Hosted by
Fingerlakes Earth First! at the Silent City Distro in Ithaca, NY. 115
E. MLK Street (the commons) www.silentcitydistro.org

May 28-30 – MARCELLUS REGIONAL GATHERING TO RESIST GAS DRILLING!

This campout will be from May 28-30 with the welcome tent/check-in
opening at 4pm Friday. The campout will bring together folks from all
over the Marcellus Region and beyond who want to take action to stop
gas drilling. There will be workshops, presentations, and games during
the day (each one teach one), and performances after dinner.
Gatherings like this strengthen our community and give us time to be
outside and enjoy the land we’re rising up to defend.

Some workshops/trainings include: Direct Action 101, Medicinal Plant
Walk, Earth First Movement Then & Now, Treesits and Climbing. To
present a workshop or get more info, visit
www.fingerlakesearthfirst.org or e-mail fingerlakesEF at yahoo.com

http://fingerlakesearthfirst.org/marcellus-regional-campout/

------