Immediate Release: Compost with Confidence Class 6.26.10

Liz Falk erf59 at cornell.edu
Thu Jun 17 14:05:08 EDT 2010

For immediate release - please post far and wide:

Tompkins County Cooperative Extension's Compost Program is pleased to
announce our first FREE public composting class of the season: "Compost With
Confidence: Getting Started".  The class will be held Saturday, June 26 from
noon - 1pm.

The Compost Education Program sponsors a "Compost With Confidence" the last
Saturday of the month (June - October) from noon - 1 pm.  Classes are held
at the Ithaca Community Gardens.

The first class in the series is on Saturday, June 26. We will teach the
basics of home composting - focusing on how to get started. This class is
perfect for anyone who would like to begin composting or improve upon their
existing practices. Classes are open to the public and registration is not
required. Call Liz Falk at 272-2292, email erf59 at cornell.edu or visit
http://ccetompkins.org/garden/composting for more information.

Thank you for your support and please reply with any questions,
Liz

------
WHAT:   Getting Started - the first "Compost with Confidence" workshop in
the series

WHEN:   Saturday, June 26, from noon - 1 pm

WHERE: Ithaca Community Gardens (near the Farmers' Market)

COST:    FREE (registration NOT required - just show up)

CONTACT: Liz Falk 272-2292, email erf59 at cornell.edu

------

For a more information and class photos, please visit our website:
 <http://ccetompkins.org/compost/index.html>
http://ccetompkins.org/garden/composting

The Compost Education Program at Tompkins County Cooperative Extension is
funded by the Tompkins County Solid Waste Management Division.

-------

Liz Falk

Education and Outreach

Compost, Gardens & Markets