Eden Arising workshop at Earthdance

Dave Jacke davej at edibleforestgardens.com
Mon Jun 7 15:05:50 EDT 2010

Eden Arising - Ecological Design as a Spiritual Practice
<http://www.earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedsdave10.htm>  with Dave Jacke
at EARTHDANCE <http://www.earthdance.net/> , Plainfield MA in the Berkshire
foothills of Western Mass.
July 16th (Friday)
Essentially, the goal of ecological design is to recreate the Garden of
Eden‹and why not? In this age of high technology and information, we have
the means to create food-producing ecosystems that work like healthy natural
systems with minimal maintenance and diverse yields. Yet, this is also a
spiritual quest. Adam and Eve lived unselfconsciously in the Garden of Eden,
like children, dependent on the Garden's beneficence. They left Eden after
eating the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge and realizing their separateness
from the One.  We now must ask how a healthy, functional, adult relationship
to God/Goddess/Nature would look.  How can the practice of ecological design
teach us how to see, how to act, and who we really are in our New Eden? We
will explore these questions together, finding our questions and answers
within ourselves and in our shared circle.

Dave Jacke, primary author of the award winning two-volume book Edible
Forest Gardens , has studied ecology and design since the 1970s, and has run
his own design firm‹Dynamics Ecological Design‹since 1984. Dave is an
engaging and passionate teacher of ecological design and permaculture. He
has designed, built, and planted landscapes, homes, farms, and communities
in the many parts of the United States, as well as overseas. A cofounder of
Land Trust at Gap Mountain in Jaffrey, NH, he homesteaded there for a number
of years. He holds a B.A. in Environmental Studies from Simon's Rock College
and a M.A. in Landscape Design from the Conway School of Landscape Design.

REGISTER NOW! <http://www.earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedsdave10.htm>
For info: contact at earthdance.net <mailto:contact at earthdance.net>

This workshop is a part of the SEEDS Festival
<http://www.earthdance.net/seedsfest.htm>. In addition to the workshop, you
are also invited to attend evening  performances, discussions, jams, and
films as well as the Saturday Community Day as part of your participation.

SEEDS workshops:
Diego Piñon/Butoh Ritual Mexicano Dance
<http://earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedsbutoh10.htm>
Benoît Lachambre/Extending the Comfort Zone
<http://earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedsbenoit10.htm>
K.J. Holmes/Weathering
<http://www.earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedsmidweek10.htm>  & PineCones
<http://www.earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedspinecones10.htm>  (an
overnight event)
Pedro Alejandro/Soft Body/Soft Terrain, Open Artist¹s Projec
<http://earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedsmidweek10.htm> t
Dave Jacke/Eden Arising: Ecological Design as a Spiritual Practice
<http://earthdance.net/programs/seeds/seedsdave10.htm>
Plus performances, an ECO jam, disucssions, films, artists-in-residence,
green m-Art, and more.

The theme of this year¹s 10-day long SEEDS festival is NOURISHMENT: A crop¹s
environment‹including soil, topography, and climate‹imparts a characteristic
taste and flavor and must be taken into consideration in cultivation. With
care, through interaction we hope to create an ultra-lush, enriching, and
regenerative culture in which to grow our art.

Come for a performance or a film, a workshop, a jam, or the whole festival!

WWW.EARTHDANCE.NET/seeds <http://earthdance.net/seeds>

PHOTOS: Benoit Lachambre's FORGERIES, LOVE AND OTHER MATTERS photo by Chris
Van der Burght; Pet Show (2005), choreography by Pedro Alejandro, photo
courtesy of the artist; Dave Jacke teaching, photo courtesy of
http://artmeetsearth.org <http://artmeetsearth.org/> ; K.J. Holmes & Charlie
Morrissey in The I/Eye of Contact, a photo series by K.J. Holmes; Diego
Piñon, photo by Flo Poulain.

-------------
Dave Jacke
Dynamics Ecological Design
308 Main Street #2C, Greenfield, MA 01301
603-831-1298 € davej at edibleforestgardens.com

Edible Forest Gardens is a winner!  The Garden Writer's Association has
awarded Volume 1 of my book a Silver Medal, and the Council of Botanical and
Horticultural Libraries nominated both volumes for its Literary Award, too!
Find details on the books at

<http://www.edibleforestgardens.com/

And

<http://www.chelseagreen.com/2005/items/edibleforestset>