Fwd: [northeasternpermaculture] Natural Building Intensive - Binghamton, NY 9/20-24

burns burns at panix.com
Tue Jul 27 14:27:37 EDT 2010

Weeklong Cob and Natural Building Intensive
September 20-24, Binghamton, NY

Construct a passive solar greenhouse and tool shed using locally-
sourced, natural materials. Through hands-on learning and daily
lecture sessions, we will cover cob and straw bale building
techniques, stone and earthbag foundation construction, wood framing,
home and greenhouse design, greenhouse glazing options, natural
plasters as well as roofing options for natural structures. Students
will leave with a thorough knowledge and experience base with which to
begin construction of their own natural building projects.

Workshop tuition is $450 and includes meals and on-site camping
accommodations. We offer a sliding scale for our course tuition - No
interested participant will be turned away for lack of funds. We also
offer early registration discounts as well as discounts for students
traveling together. To register or find out more, contact Mark
Krawczyk at mark at sgnb.com, 802.999.2768 or visit
www.sgnb.com

About the Instructor
Mark Krawczyk lives in Burlington, Vermont and has been exploring the
world of natural building since 2001. He completed a six week
intensive apprenticeship with the Cob Cottage Company in Coquille,
Oregon in the summer of 2002 and has since worked on cob, bale and
timber frame structures around the country. Additionally he works as a
traditional woodworker (www.rivenwoodcrafts.com) stonemason and
permaculture designer/educator

http://flxpermaculture.net