Last chance for FLPCI 2010 Permaculture Design Certification, Finger Lakes NY, 7/23-8/8

burns michael at fingerlakespermaculture.org
Fri Jul 16 08:23:49 EDT 2010

There are still at least four spots open for the upcoming PDC.  Take
the plunge! Sign up and head off to the beautiful Finger Lakes Region
to learn a set of design tools that will change your life!

- - -

The Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
invites you to our 8th
PERMACULTURE DESIGN CERTIFICATION COURSE
July 23 - August 8, 2010

Teachers:
Steve Gabriel, Karryn Olson Ramanujan, Rafters Sass and Michael Burns

Our course equips students with the knowledge of whole systems and the
principles, techniques, and challenges of permaculture as a system of
sustainable design. Our learning community explores design topics such
as soil regeneration, water conservation, building ponds and swales,
managing wood lots, building natural and efficient homes, utilizing
renewable energy, and designing gardens.

Our students follow a traditional permaculture curriculum with a bias
toward the northeastern temperate climate. We teach though
presentations, case studies, student design projects and hands-on
design exercises. The course includes 84 hours of instruction plus a
design practicum. Instruction is augmented by presentations from local
experts, field trips, and games. This summer, learn to design for
abundance in the beautiful Finger Lakes of New York. Our off-grid
course is held at Cayuta Sun homestead (http://cayuta.org), just 15
miles from Ithaca.

$1200 includes tuition, food, and camping
Register at http://www.FingerLakesPermaculture.org