Earthbag Root Cellar "Work & Learn" Again, 7/18/10

burns michael at fingerlakespermaculture.org
Tue Jul 13 14:34:14 EDT 2010

Last Sunday a handful of hardworking volunteers came out to help build
and learn how to build with earthbags. Our apprentice crew is
appreciative for the help and enjoyed meeting Sean, Tali, Pete and
Sebastian. Thanks to each for their contribution and good company.
We'll do the same again this Sunday and anyone interested is welcome.
Here are the details:

Join the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute crew this weekend as they
build a root cellar to store food during the upcoming permaculture
design
certifications course.

A small cold cellar is being built into the side of a berm with
earthbags. Earthbag construction is a low-tech, accessible method for
everyday people to
build simple and grand structures out of just the earth, sandbags and
a variety of common materials.

Come to Cayuta Sun this Sunday to help build this structure. Our first
work & learn session is from 10 am until noon. We take a two-hour
siesta and then
work from 2 to 5 pm. No special skills are needed. You are welcome to
come for just one work & learn session. Please RSVP. Extra help is
needed other days as
well (particularly Thursday and Saturday.)

Cayuta Sun is located between Watkins Glen and Ithaca. Visit http://cayuta.org
  for directions.

http://www.earthbagbuilding.com
http://earthbagbuilding.wordpress.com