Earthbag Root Cellar "Work & Learn" 7/11/10 cayuta.org

Alice E Lo alicelo03 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 19:38:16 EDT 2010

Hey Jen Carson!
You're up in Fingerlakes area now? What are you upto? Are you still doing
mediation work?
Hugs,
Alice

I've been working on promoting this yoga-permaculture course at Sivananda
Ashram Yoga Ranch.
Would you take a look and pass it along if you're inspired? or pass to folks
who are into yoga and earthcare? It's definitely a rich "edge" and the
philosophy (not just the physical postures) has deepened my permaculture
practice definitely. http://bit.ly/bk1sf0 ... If you're ever down this way,
call me and come for a visit!

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Jennifer Carson <jen.d.carson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Michael,
> I'm hoping to make it for the Sunday morning workshop.
> Thanks
> Jen
>
> On 7/6/10, Michael Burns <michael at fingerlakespermaculture.org> wrote:
> > Join the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute crew this weekend as they
> build
> > root cellar to store food during the upcoming permaculture design
> > certifications course.
> >
> > A small cold cellar is being built into the side of a berm with
> earthbags.
> > Earthbag construction is a low-tech, accessible method for everyday
> people
> > build simple and grand structures out of just the earth, sandbags and a
> > variety of common materials.
> >
> > Come to Cayuta Sun this Sunday to help build this structure. Our first
> work
> > &
> > learn session is from 10 am until noon. We take a two-hour siesta and
> then
> > work from 2 to 5 pm. No special skills are needed. You are welcome to
> come
> > for
> > just one work & learn session. Please RSVP. Extra help is needed other
> days
> > as
> > well.
> >
> > Cayuta Sun is located between Watkins Glen and Ithaca. Visit
> > http://cayuta.org
> > for directions.
> >
> > http://www.earthbagbuilding.com
> > http://earthbagbuilding.wordpress.com
> >
> http://www.motherearthnews.com/Do-It-Yourself/Earthbag-Building-Garden-Shed.aspx
> >

> > --
> > The Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
> > offers workshops, apprenticeships, and
> > permaculture design certificate classes.
> > http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org
> > --

Green Phoenix Permaculture, NYC
www.green-phoenix.org