NOFA (8/13) & NESAWG (11/12) Conferences

Sandra Repp sjr37 at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 3 16:09:46 EDT 2010

Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA) Summer Conference
August 13-15, 2010 at University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Join with organic farmers, gardeners, landscapers, activists and
consumers from all over the Northeast to celebrate the production and
consumption of local organic food.
Over 200 workshops, dozens of exhibitors, a Teen Conference,
Children's Program, an Afternoon Fair with farm animals, live music,
auction, and an ALL-LOCAL dinner.
Keynote speakers are Sally Fallon Morell of the Weston A. Price
Foundation, and Dr. Fernando Funes of the Cuban Association of
Agronomists and Foresters
Conference website: http://www.nofasummerconference.org/

IT TAKES A REGION-2010: A Working Conference to Build Our Northeast Food System
Nov. 12-13, 2010, Desmond Hotel and Conference Center, Albany, NY
Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Working Group (NESAWG)
Building upon NESAWG's 2009 "It Takes a Region" conference, this
conference will look at exciting efforts underway in our region --
including alternative supply chain networks, food system assessments,
regional planning, infrastructure initiatives, and policy advocacy.
We'll move our work forward and address pressing new issues in work
groups, listening sessions, topical break-outs and open
networking.  We'll continue to explore scale, size, geography and
cross-sector partnerships.  Watch for new features this year!
Preliminary conference information:
<http://www.ittakesaregion.org>www.ittakesaregion.org.   Registration
opens Sept. 1.